We're American Christian Fiction Writers - The Voice of Christian Fiction - a professional organization devoted to the craft of Christian Fiction.
Our mission is to promote Christian Fiction through developing the skills of its authors, educating them in the market, and serving as an advocate in the traditional publishing industry.
- Nearing 3000 members worldwide
- 30 Local Chapters in 22 states plus a Beyond-the-Borders e-chapter
- Annually presents the premier conference for Christian Fiction with most major CBA publishers and literary agencies represented and more than 700 in attendance
- Conducts three highly respected annual writer recognition awards programs - First Impressions Contest for unpublished Christian Fiction's first few pages, The Genesis Contest for the beginning of an unpublished completed manuscript, and The Carol Awards for the best in Christian Fiction published in the previous calendar year.
ACFW Announces Carol Award Finalists
Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:34 AM
2014 Carol Award Finalists
Monday, June 23, 2014 1:53 PM
Christian Fiction writers to voice support of retailers at ICRS
Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:48 PM
- Interview opportunities with ACFW leadership (CEO Colleen Coble, ACFW Executive Director Robin Miller or ACFW Executive Board members) - contact ACFW Professional Relations Liaison Cynthia Ruchti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Author interviews with one of our published novelists, including some of the most recognized names in Christian Fiction - contact ACFW Professional Relations Liaison Cynthia Ruchti at email@example.com
- Quotes or facts about Christian Fiction for news stories and magazine articles - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about the ACFW conference - contact ACFW Conference Director Robin Miller at email@example.com
- Information about the ACFW awards programs:
- Genesis Contest (unpublished) - contact Genesis Coordinator Pam Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Carol Awards (published) - contact Carol Award Coordinator Casey Herringshaw at email@example.com
- Agent of the Year, Editor of the Year, Mentor of the Year - contact ACFW Contests Administrator Becky Yauger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connections to information about ACFW as an organization and its role in the Christian Fiction industry - contact ACFW Professional Relations Liaison Cynthia Ruchti at email@example.com
Trusted in the Industry
"You can always count on ACFW to provide writers with excellent training, informed support, and quality education on what’s happening in the publishing industry."
Editor, writer, literary agent
"From the time I first encountered ACFW, I have been impressed with the high quality of professionalism and warm care and concern I have observed from anyone remotely associated with the organization. Outstanding services to members and retailers and a truly remarkable vision for Christian fiction make me hopeful for the future of inspirational novels and story."
Harvest House Publishers
"ACFW recognizes the power of cooperation and involving all stakeholders in the very broad creative process. From developing workshops that help Christian-store retailers engage customers on fiction to providing the valuable fictionfinder.com online tool to research and learn about authors and genres, ACFW empowers retailers to better serve readers who love a good story."
CBA Executive Director