ACFW Recognized Publishers
- Abingdon Press
- Ambassador International* (see note below)
- AMG-Living Ink Books
- Ark House Press
- Avon Inspired (Harper Collins)
- B & H Publishing
- Barbour Publishing
- Bethany House (Baker)
- Castle Quay Books
- David C. Cook
- DeWard Publishing
- Ellechor Publishing House, LLC
- Even Before Publishing (Wombat)
- Evergreen Press
- Faith Words (Hachette)
- Guideposts Books
- Harbourlight Books (Pelican)
- Harpstring (Written World)
- Harvest House
- Heartsong Presents
- HopeSprings Books
- Howard (Simon & Schuster)
- Inspired (Prism Book Group)
- JourneyForth (part of BJU Press)
- Lamp Post, Inc.
- Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
- Love Inspired (formerly Steeple Hill)
- Marcher Lord Press
- Monarch Publishers (Lion Hudson)
- MountainView Publishing (Trebel Heart)
- OakTara Publishers
- OtherSheep (Written World)
- Parson Place Press
- Pentecostal Publishing House
- Realms (Charisma Media)
- Revell (Baker)
- Risen Books
- River North (Moody Publishers)
- Shade Tree Publishing
- SharksFinn (Port Yonder Press)
- Sheaf House
- SkySail (Port Yonder Press)
- Sophia Institute Press
- Splashdown Books
- Summerside Press (Guideposts)
- Sword of the Spirit Publishing
- Thomas Nelson
- Torn Veil Books
- Tyndale House
- Urban Christian
- Vinspire Inspirations (Vintage Romance)
- Waterbrook/Multnomah (Random House)
- Whitaker House
- White Rose Publishing (Pelican)
- WhiteFire Publishing (WhiteFire-Publishing.com)
- Worthy Publishing
- Write Integrity Press
- Zondervan *Ambassador International: ACFW has learned that this publisher requires prospective authors to commit to purchase of their books. (Aug 2012)
Criteria for ACFW Recognized Publishers
In order to be considered for ACFW's Recognized Publisher List, a publisher must meet the following criteria:
- The publisher publishes books written from a Christian worldview in any Christian fiction genre (i.e. should not contain profanity, graphic sex, or other objectionable material, and must otherwise conform to generally accepted standards of the CBA, as determined by ACFW.)
- All of the publisher’s fiction is Christian, or the publisher has an imprint devoted entirely to Christian fiction (in which case only the imprint will be recognized).
- The author must not participate financially in the production or distribution of the book (including a requirement to buy books).
- The publisher must pay royalties.
- The publisher must have been in business at least one year, and have previously unpublished books of Christian fiction by at least two authors (other than the owners) in print.
- The publisher's books must show evidence of professional editing and cover art, and the content must reflect biblical principles.
If a book was originally published by a Recognized Publisher, then goes out of print and is republished by the author or some other means, that book is eligible for listing on Fiction Finder.
Applicant must apply at least six weeks prior to the opening date of a contest or the month in which a New Release is announced by ACFW on FictionFinder.com to allow time for processing. To apply, a representative of the publisher should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a form and further information about the application process.
Recertification: Publishers will be asked to complete a brief form each fall to assess their continued compliance with these criteria. A publisher must publish at least one new work of Christian fiction per calendar year to maintain Recognized Publisher status.
Publishers recognized on this page do not constitute an endorsement from ACFW.