Ten Reasons to Go to ACFW Conference in St. Louis
By Margaret Daley
10. The contest finalists will finally end their wait to see who has won in their category for the Genesis and Carol Awards.
9. Dr. Stanley Williams who has written The Moral Premise will be teaching the Early Bird session. His class will help us look at the structure of our book in a different light.
8. The wonderful lineup of classes for all levels of writing and different aspects from character development to plotting to research.
7. The five continuing education sessions with great teachers–DiAnn Mills, Randy Ingermanson, Jeff Gerke, Erin Healy, Allen Arnold, Julie Gwinn, and James Rubart.
6. The opportunity to meet agents and editors and pitch to them. For a short time you have their undivided attention and have a chance to tell them about your book.
5. Spotlights on eleven Christian publishers where you can find out what they are looking for and have an chance to ask them questions.
4. A chance to browse the conference bookstore and buy books from wonderful Christian fiction authors. And even better, part of the proceeds goes to the ACFW Foundation to help fund scholarships for the 2012 conference.
3. Our keynote speaker is Tracie Peterson, an award winning and bestselling author of over 85 books. Not only is she an author but she has been an editor. I can’t wait to hear what she has to tell us.
2. The worship service is a great time to remember the reason we are writing. Also there is a prayer room. The Lord is why we write the stories we do. There are many opportunities to connect with Him at the conference.
1. Seeing old friends and meeting new ones is so much fun. I love networking at conference and spending time with people I only get to see once or twice a year.
*Bonus: Brandilyn Collins is our MC.