From Susan May Warren
(a blog I should have posted on June 10th! Sorry!)
1. I have conversations with people who don’t look at me strangely when I say things like, “I don’t like the way I killed my villain. I think I need to do it over.”
2. I get an opportunity to wear real clothing (and get out of my sweatpants).
3. I eat three meals/day. Good, balanced meals. With dessert, even. (in other words, I go four entire days without ONE packet of Ramen Noodles!)
4. I get to sleep through the night without a child patting me on the face saying, Mommy, I can’t sleep/need a drink/had a nightmare. (okay, now that I have teenagers, it’s “Mom, there’s a problem with the car.”)
5. I learn that I’m not alone – there ARE others who talk to imaginary people as if they’re really there. (Which they are!)
6. I get to hang out with my writing buddies who challenge me to write better. (i.e., Rachel Hauck, Christine Lynxwiler, Susan Downs, etc.)
7. I get to wear a fancy dress and feel like a movie star (Yeah, awards night!)
8. I get to worship God will fellow dreamers.
9. For four days, I invest in my dream.
10. I know I will come away inspired, energized, enlightened, and amazed that God has allowed me to do what I love for the ONE I love.
Oh, and as an extra bonus, I get to have PIZZA, celebrate with the Frasier Award winner and hang out with the My Book Therapy Voices. (check THAT out at: http://pizzaparty.mybooktherapy.com)
What are you waiting for – go sign up! Now!
See you in Indy!