2014 General Information
Thursday, September 25th - Sunday, September 27, 2014
St. Louis, Missouri
With optional sessions on Thursday, Sept 25th and Sunday, Sept 28th
2014 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
(before August 19 deadline)
(after August 19 deadline)
|ACFW Members||$540†||$640†||$740†||Deadline for Standard registration rates is 12 a.m. CDT August 19, 2014|
†Does not include Early Bird Session or PS Session
|Non-members||$640†||$740†||$740†||Deadline for Standard registration rates is 12 a.m. CDT August 19, 2014|
†Does not include Early Bird Session or PS Session
(Thursday, Friday, or Saturday)
|†Does not include Early Bird Session or PS Session|
*Does NOT include Awards Gala
**Ticket to Awards Gala may be purchased separately.
Thurs - Sat
no workshops or general sessions included
|$420||$450||$475||Available by package price only - meals may not be purchased individually.|
‡The meals only option DOES include Awards Gala.
|Awards Gala Only||$85||$100||$110||Deadline for Standard registration rates is 12 a.m. CDT August 19, 2014|
|Early Bird Session|
|$100||$125||$125||This year’s Early Bird Session will be held on Thursday- September 25, 2014 from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.|
|PS: Post-Conference Special Session|
|$50||$75||$75||This year’s PS Session will be held on Sunday- September 28, 2014 from 8:00 am - 11:00 am.|
|ALL conference registration orders will be charged a $25.00 processing fee.|
The Registration fee includes:
- Conference Workshops, Continuing Education Sessions and Program activities
- Conference Meals (Thursday night dinner, breakfast and lunch on Friday and Saturday, and the Awards Gala on Saturday**).PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WITH AN EVENT AS LARGE AS OURS, WE ARE LIMITED TO OFFERING SPECIAL DIETARY MEALS IN ADDITION TO THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEALS TO VEGAN OR GLUTEN-FREE. While we understand there are VAST allergies/special requests, please understand that we can only offer the additional two offerings for meals.
- All appointments are available on a first pay, first slotted basis: editors, agents, specialty, and mentoring.
- Applicable materials
Please note: Hotel accommodation fees are NOT included in the registration fee.
- Full payment will be required to secure your registration. Payment can be made by credit card (through PayPal: you do NOT have to have a PayPal account) or check. Your registration will be confirmed by a separate email after payment is received. Credit card payments are processed almost immediately; registrations by check payments will be confirmed by separate email after the check clears and is deposited to the ACFW account (approx. two weeks after receipt).
- Cancellation can be made until NOON CENTRAL August 19, 2014. Prior to the deadline, refunds will be made in the manner in which payment was received, minus $50 handling fee; cancellations after the deadline will not be refunded.
Returned Check Policy
- There is a $50.00 fee for all returned checks.
- Conference Syllabus on drive: $19.99
2014 Conference Audio on Thumb Drive: (preorder/onsite pricing) $99.99 plus $10.00 S&H
2014 Conference Audio With Early Bird on Thumb Drive: (preorder/onsite pricing) $199.99 plus $10.00 S&H
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION DATES
- August 19, 2014 (midnight CDT): Deadline for Standard registration rates.
- August 19, 2014 (NOON CDT): Cancellation Deadline. Prior to the deadline, refunds will be made in the manner in which payment was received, minus $50 handling fee; cancellations after the deadline will not be refunded.
- August 20, 2014: Late Registration rates in effect.
- August 20, 2014: Last day to select mail-in payment option.
- September 1, 2014: Walk-in registration rates go into effect.
IMPORTANT CONFERENCE INFORMATION
- Suggested conference attire is business casual. Since meeting rooms can vary in temperature, a light sweater or jacket would be good to have on hand. Comfortable shoes should be considered a must, as quite a bit of walking is involved. Dress in layers, and select clothing that is comfortable for you, clothing that makes you feel confident and professional.
You are encouraged to study the workshop sessions carefully before registering. Due to severe space limitations, conferees will need to attend only the sessions chosen at registration. NOTE: In an effort to be as environmentally responsible as possible, handouts for sessions will not be available onsite. You’ll receive handouts for your sessions via email the week prior to conference. If you purchase the complete syllabus, that drive containing all handouts will be included in your registration packet.
Genre Dinner:Back by popular demand Our first dinner together (Thursday night), we’ll celebrate genre and story. Feel free to dress in costume, character, or the historical era in which you write, if you choose. Start a conversation at the dinner table over your character and make instant connections with other writers in your genre.
Breakfast on Friday, September 26, 2014 is designated as the Zone Breakfast. Make face-to-face connections with ACFW members from your area. Tables will be designated by zones for this meal. Swap stories and contact information, share local research interest, and establish friendships or the beginnings of new ACFW local chapters.
The Gala event is a formal awards banquet. Dress code will be enforced. Attire is Sunday dress-to-formal. Attendees may dress to reflect their cultural heritage, religious beliefs, or military status – but no costumes or character attire will be allowed at this formal event.
- Conference Workshops, Continuing Education Sessions, and General Sessions are recorded onto a Conference Audio thumb drive which you may purchase at a discounted price during registration. You will receive the drive in the mail approximately 6 weeks after conference. If you didn’t utilize the option during registration, you may visit the ACFW website and order the conference recording while onsite and receive the discounted price. (Please note you will be charged an additional processing fee if you order separately)
Worship and the Early Bird are NOT included in the standard conference set, but you can purchase the set with the Early Bird included.
- Because of our contract with the hotel and recording companies, recording and/or videotaping is only allowed by ACFW or ACFW’s contracted recording company.
- Many conference attendees have serious sensitivities to smells. Please refrain from using perfume, scented lotions, oils, etc.
BABIES AND CHILDREN
- The ACFW conference is a professional event. Babies (even nursing infants) and children under the age of 14 are not allowed in any general sessions, meals, worship sessions, workshops, or spotlights.
ACFW reserves the right to refuse conference registration if deemed in the best interest of the corporation and its membership.