2017 General Information
Thursday, September 21- Sunday, September 24, 2017
Gaylord Texan Resort
With optional sessions on Thursday, September 21st and Sunday, September 24th
If you’ve attended an ACFW conference before, you understand what the excitement’s about. Where else would you find this many people all devoted to writing and publishing Christian fiction?
Each year, hundreds of veteran authors and those just learning the craft of Christian fiction gather in a setting like this to hear skilled instructors, inspiring keynoters…to gain from the insights of industry professionals…to interact with other writers…and to present their ideas to agents and editors looking for stories like theirs, or to mentors who can help them move forward in their writing career.
The conference culminates with the Awards Gala, during which ACFW’s prestigious Carol Awards, Genesis Contest winners, and other industry honors will be awarded.
If you write Christian fiction—or want to learn how—the ACFW conference is an investment worth making. We hope you’ll join us on this exciting journey. ACFW, the Voice of Christian fiction.
The Registration fee includes:
- Conference Workshops, Continuing Education Sessions and Program activities
- Conference Meals (Thursday night dinner, breakfast and lunch on Friday, Saturday lunch, and the Awards Gala on Saturday**).PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WITH AN EVENT AS LARGE AS OURS, WE ARE LIMITED REGARDING SPECIAL DIETARY REQUESTS AND CAN OFFER ONLY VEGETARIAN OR GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS. While we understand there are many other allergies/special requests, we are unable to accommodate any requests other than GLUTEN-FREE or VEGETARIAN.
- All appointments are available on a first pay, first scheduled basis: editors, agents, specialty, and mentoring.
- Applicable materials
Please note: Hotel accommodation fees are NOT included in the registration fee.
- Full payment will be required to secure your registration. Payment can be made by credit card (through PayPal: you do NOT have to have a PayPal account) or check. Your registration will be confirmed by a separate email after payment is received. Credit card payments are processed almost immediately; registrations by check payments will be confirmed by separate email after the check clears and is deposited to the ACFW account (approx. two weeks after receipt).
Returned Check Policy
- There is a $50.00 fee for all returned checks.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION DATES
IMPORTANT CONFERENCE INFORMATION
- Suggested conference attire is business casual. Since meeting rooms can vary in temperature, a light sweater or jacket would be good to have on hand. Comfortable shoes should be considered a must, as quite a bit of walking is involved. Dress in layers, and select clothing that is comfortable for you, clothing that makes you feel confident and professional.
- You are encouraged to study the workshop sessions carefully before registering. Due to severe space limitations, conferees will need to attend only the sessions chosen at registration.
NOTE: In an effort to be as environmentally responsible as possible, handouts for sessions will not be available onsite. You’ll receive handouts for your sessions via email the week prior to conference. If you purchase the complete syllabus, that drive containing all handouts will be included in your registration packet.
- NEW this year: ACFW MARKETPLACE. See more information HERE.
- Genre Dinner: Back by popular demand Our first dinner together (Thursday night), we’ll celebrate genre and story. Feel free to dress in costume, character, or the historical era in which you write, if you choose. Start a conversation at the dinner table over your character and make instant connections with other writers in your genre.
- Breakfast on Friday, September 22, 2016 is designated as the Zone Breakfast. Make face-to-face connections with ACFW members from your area. Tables will be designated by zones for this meal. Swap stories and contact information, share local research interest, and establish friendships or the beginnings of new ACFW local chapters. Chapters recognition.
- The Gala event on Saturday evening is a formal awards banquet. Dress code will be enforced. Attire is Sunday best-to-formal. Attendees may dress to reflect their cultural heritage, religious beliefs, or military status – but no costumes or character attire will be allowed at this formal event.
- Conference Workshops, Continuing Education Sessions, and General Sessions are recorded onto a Conference Audio thumb drive which you may purchase at a discounted price during registration. You will receive the drive in the mail approximately 6 weeks after conference. If you didn’t utilize the option during registration, you may visit the ACFW website and order the conference recording while onsite and receive the discounted price. (Please note you will be charged an additional processing fee if you order separately)
- Worship, Early Bird, and the Post Conference Session are NOT included in the standard conference set, but you can purchase the sets with the Early Bird and/or Post Conference Sessions included.
- Because of our contract with the hotel and recording companies, recording and/or videotaping is only allowed by ACFW or ACFW’s contracted recording company.
- Many conference attendees have serious sensitivities to fragrances. Please refrain from using perfume, scented lotions, oils, etc.
BABIES AND CHILDREN
- The ACFW conference is a professional event. Babies (even nursing infants) and children under the age of 14 are not allowed in any general sessions, meals, worship sessions, workshops, or spotlights.
ACFW reserves the right to refuse conference registration if deemed in the best interest of the corporation and its membership.