Exciting new releases from ACFW members due to hit bookstores soon include:
- Ronie Kendig: Digitalis, Book 2 in the Discarded Heroes series, releases in January from Barbour. The book received four stars from Romantic Times Book Reviews, who called it a pulse-pounding story, and also received endorsements from Robert Liparulo, DiAnn Mills, and Bob Hamer.
- Patti Lacy: The Rhythm of Secrets, her third book, releases on January 31 from Kregel Publications.
- Connie Stevens: Leave Me Never, her debut novel, releases in January from Heartsong Presents.
Those racking up writing credits in magazines and anthologies this month include:
- Edwina Cowgill: Published a short story titled “The Front Porch” in Skinned Knees and Skate Keys, an anthology of stories based on childhood memories that released in November. She also published a devotion in January titled “Open, Honest Worship” on The Sara Ministry.
- Delores Topliff: Wrote the lead letter in the Nov./Dec. issue of Angels on Earth. She also sold her story “Golf Cart Angel,” which will be published in the March/April issue.
Hoorah for representation! Three cheers for:
- Nicole M. Miller: Signed with Wendy Lawton of Books & Such Literary Agency.
Throw some confetti and celebrate with these contest winners:
- Diana Sharples: Won first place with her contemporary young adult novel Running Lean in its category of the Missouri Romance Writers of America (MOWRA) Gateway Competition for unpublished authors. This same novel is a finalist in the First Coast Romance Writers Beacon Contest (winners TBA).
- Betty Woods: Won first place in the Inspirational category of the Golden Pen contest sponsored by the Golden Network. In addition, the editor requested the full manuscript.
The list of published authors is growing! Congratulations to:
- Carol Cox: Recently signed a contract with Bethany House for three historical romantic suspense titles, the first to be released in July 2012.
- Shirley Kiger Connolly: Landed a new contract with Desert Breeze Publishing for her novel Say Goodbye to Yesterday, which is scheduled to release in August 2011.
- Mary Moore: Signed a contract with Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical for her first novel, which is scheduled to release in September 2011.
- Betsy St. Amant: Signed a new contract with Barbour for a young adult novel tentatively titled Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK, which is scheduled to release in January 2012.
- Sarah Sundin: Signed a contract with Revell for a three-book series of historical romances set during World War II, tentatively titled the Wings of the Nightingale series. The first novel will release in September 2012.
- Catherine West: Signed her first contract for her contemporary romance Yesterday’s Tomorrow, which is scheduled to release in March 2011 from Oak Tara Publishers.
Send out a loud “Wahoo!” to:
- Irene Brand and Anita Higman: Love Finds You under the Mistletoe, has been on the Nielsen’s best-seller list for religious adult fiction for five weeks and is now on the January CBA best-seller list. This novella collection also received a lovely review in Romantic Times with a four-star rating.
- Sarah Sundin: A Memory Between Us (Revell, September 2010), her second novel, was listed on Booklist’s Top Ten Inspirational Fiction Books for 2010.