New releasesExciting new releases from ACFW members due to hit bookstores soon include:
- Vicki Hinze: Deadly Ties, the second book in the Crossroads Crisis Center series, released in February from Multnomah.
- Debby Mayne: Sweet Baklava is available March 1 from Abingdon Press.
- Siri Mitchell: A Heart Most Worthy releases in March from Bethany House Publishers.
- Trish Perry: Unforgettable releases March 1 from Summerside Press, and Tea for Two, the second book in the Tea with Millicent series, releases April 1 from Harvest House. Also, Delight Yourself in the Lord . . . Even on Bad Hair Days, the devotional Perry wrote with Sandra D. Bricker, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, and Debby Mayne, releases March 1 from Summerside Press.
BylinesThose racking up writing credits in magazines and anthologies this month include:
- Candy Arrington: Published “Building from Blueprints” in the February 13, 2011, issue of ENCOUNTER and “Creativity from God” in the February issue of Clubhouse.
- Lisa Collins: Published two essays titled “I Like Pie” and “Green Persimmons” in the online journal The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature.
- Vicki Hinze: Published an article on human trafficking, which ties into her February release Deadly Ties, in The Baptist Standard.
- Jennifer Clark Vihel: Sold an inspirational story to Guideposts, which will appear in the May issue along with photos from a recent photo shoot of her with her dog, Bear, who was featured in the story.
AgentedHoorah for representation! Three cheers for:
- Angie Arndt: Signed with Joyce Hart of Hartline Literary Agency.
- Lisa Carter: Signed with Tamela Hancock Murray of Hartline Literary Agency.
Contest winnersThrow some confetti and celebrate with these contest winners:
- Robin Bayne: Finished first in the annual Predators & Editors Poll in the Short Romance category for her 2010 story Prodigal.
- Lisa Buffaloe: Finaled in the Women of Faith writing contest with her manuscript Nadia’s Hope. Out of almost 750 entries, her manuscript has made it to round two with 30 other finalists.
- Vicki Hinze: Her novel Forget Me Not has been named the 2010 Best Book of the Year in the Faith-Affirming Romantic Thriller category by Books-and-Authors.
- Ronie Kendig: Was given a Lime Award for Best Fiction in 2010 by The Christian Manifesto for her military thriller Nightshade.
SoldThe list of published authors is growing! Congratulations to:
- Lena Nelson Dooley: Signed a second three-book contract with Charisma House (the new brand for Realms, the Strang Book Group). The Renewed Heart series will release following her McKenna’s Daughters series, with the first book releasing in October.
- Laurie Alice Eakes: Sold two novellas in two separate collections to Barbour. Also, her August 2010 book, When the Snow Flies, has been picked up by Thorndike Press for large-print publication.
- Mary Ellis: Signed a contract for a fourth installment in her best-selling Miller Family series. An Amish Family Reunion will release from Harvest House in 2012.
- Katie Ganshert: Signed a two-book contract with WaterBrook Multnomah. Her debut novel, Beneath a Velvet Sky, is scheduled to release in 2012, and Wishing on Willows a year later.
- Vicki Hinze: Signed with Love Inspired to do a trilogy of suspense novels to be published in 2012.
- Ronie Kendig: Signed a three-book contract with Barbour for their trade line. The first novel, Trinity: Military War Dog, will release August 2012. She also signed a contract with Barbour for a novella entitled Dream A Little Dream that will be in the Central Park Rendezvous collection with authors Dineen Miller, MaryLu Tyndall, and Kim Vogel Sawyer. The collection is set to release in April 2012.
- Debby Mayne: Signed a contract with Trish Perry for a two-novella anthology titled Love Finds You on Christmas Morning with Summerside Press, which is scheduled to release in September 2011.
- Trish Perry: Sold her novella Labor of Love to Barbour Publishing, which is to be included in the collection The Midwife’s Legacy with authors Rhonda Gibson, Pamela Griffin, and Jane Kirkpatrick. The collection is scheduled for a March 2012 release.
- Tiffany Amber Stockton: Sold a novella collection with fellow authors Carla Olsen Gade, Laurie Alice Eakes, and Lisa Richardson to Barbour Publishing. The collection is titled Colonial Courtships and is set to release in May 2012.
Speaking engagementsNot only are they writing, but they’re speaking too! Give a round of applause to:
- Candy Arrington: Is speaking at the United Methodist Women’s Day Apart Retreat in Columbia, South Carolina, on March 5.
- Laurie Alice Eakes: Spoke on February 14 in Harlingen, Texas, at a private women’s organization and will speak on March 18 to an elementary school class in Yorktown, Virginia, and at an event on March 19 in Tidewater, Virginia.
- Mary Ellis: Will speak on “Getting Published in a Highly Competitive World” along with four fellow authors on March 5 at a Barnes & Noble in Westlake, Ohio.