Exciting new releases from ACFW members due to hit bookstores soon include:
- Angela Breidenbach: Gems of Wisdom: For a Treasure-filled Life releases May 1 from Journey Press.
- Michelle Griep: Undercurrent, her second book, releases May 1 from Risen Books.
- Loree Lough: An Accidental Hero/An Accidental Mom release in May, followed by An Accidental Family, which releases in June, from Love Inspired. Her 9/11 story, From Ashes to Honor, Book One in the First Responders series, releases this summer from Abingdon Press.
- Richard Mabry: Diagnosis Death, his third medical suspense novel, was released April 1 from Abingdon Press.
- Eileen Rife: Chosen Ones, Book Three in the Born for India trilogy, released from OakTara.
- Janice Thompson: Released three books in March: Stars Collide from Revell; Love Finds You in Camelot, Tennessee from Summerside Press; and The Perfect Match from Barbour.
- Debra Ullrick: The Unexpected Bride releases in May from Love Inspired Historical.
Those racking up writing credits in magazines and anthologies this month include:
- Candy Arrington: Published her article “The Value of a Mentor” in the April issue of River Region’s Journey.
Throw some confetti and celebrate with these contest winners:
- Mary Connealy: Is a finalist in the 2011 RITA contest with her novel Doctor in Petticoats.
- Ronie Kendig: Was nominated for the Christian Retailing Retailer’s Choice Awards with her novel Nightshade, the first in her military suspense series The Discarded Heroes.
- Deborah Raney: Won the Inspirational category of the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence with her novel Almost Forever.
- Carla Stewart: Is a finalist for the Oklahoma Book Award in Fiction with her debut novel Chasing Lilacs.
The list of published authors is growing! Congratulations to:
- Eileen Rife: Signed a contract with OakTara for her fourth novel, Second Chance, which will release in 2012.
- Betsy St. Amant: Sold her sixth novel to Love Inspired, which is due to release in April 2012.
- Carla Stewart: Signed a two-book contract with FaithWords. The first book, Stardust, is women’s fiction and will release in Summer 2012.
- Debra Ullrick: Sold her novel The Unlikely Wife to Love Inspired Historical with a scheduled release of January 2012.
Not only are they writing, but they’re speaking too! Give a round of applause to:
- Angela Breidenbach: Will teach at the Colorado Christian Writers Conference on May 11–14.
- Linore Rose Burkard: Will be keynote at a Ladies’ (Mother/Daughter) Tea at Countryside Community Church in Lebanon, Ohio, on May 7.
- Janice Olson: Presented a workshop titled “Don’t Be Bashful—Step Out of Your Shell” to the North Central/North East Texas SCWBI on April 30 in Arlington, Texas.
- Eileen Rife: Will speak at the Festival of Tables Women’s Event in Roanoke, Virginia, on May 21.
Send out a loud “Wahoo!” to:
- Janice Thompson: Is teaching a new online writing course titled “Navigating the Business of Freelance Writing.” Learn more.