Member News: July
Exciting new releases from ACFW members due to hit bookstores soon include:
- Jo-Anne Berthelsen: Helena’s Legacy, her fifth novel, released in June from Ark House Press in Australia.
- Diana Brandmeyer: We’re Not Blended, We’re Pureed: A Survivor’s Guide to Blended Families released July 1 from Concordia Publishing House.
- Raquel Byrnes: Purple Knot released in June from White Rose Publishing.
- Lillian Duncan: Pursued, her debut novel, released July 1 from White Rose Publishing.
- Cara Lynn James: Love by the Book, book three in the Ladies of Summerhill series, will release July 12 from Thomas Nelson.
- Ronie Kendig: Wolfsbane, book three in the Discarded Heroes series, released July 1 from Barbour.
- Martha Rogers (right): Summer Dream, book one in the Seasons of the Heart series, released in June from Realms.
- Connie Stevens: Revealing Fire, her second book, released in May from Heartsong Presents.
Those racking up writing credits in magazines and anthologies this month include:
- Candy Arrington: Published “Boundaries and Servanthood” in the June issue of River Region’s Journey and “Encountering God Through Prayer” in the July 31 issue of Vista.
- Lisa Buffaloe: Published five articles on the Alive in Christ website and also had several articles on SoYouWantToWrite.org.
- Cynthia A. Lovely: Published an article featuring a local tearoom in the July/August issue of Tea Time magazine.
- Paula Mowery: Published “Two Fishermen” as part of the My Guardian Angel section in the July issue of Woman’s World.
Throw some confetti and celebrate with these contest winners:
- Ronie Kendig (right): Finaled in the RWA Faith, Hope, and Love’s Inspirational Reader’s Choice Awards in the Romantic Suspense category with her novel Nightshade, book one in the Discarded Heroes series.
- Dana Mentink: Won a Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice Award for her book Betrayal in the Badlands.
- Shannon Taylor Vannatter: Finaled in the Inspirational Reader’s Choice Awards in the Short Contemporary category with her novel White Roses.
The list of published authors is growing! Congratulations to:
- Deanna K. Klingel: Sold Bread Upon the Water to Rafka Press.
- Connie Stevens: Signed contracts for Heart of Honor with Heartsong Presents, which will release in early 2012, and for her novella Hope’s Dwelling Place, which will be part of the Sundays in Fredericksburg collection released in 2012 from Barbour.
- Shannon Taylor Vannatter (right): Signed a contract for Rodeo Hero, the second book in her Texas rodeo series, with Heartsong Presents.
Not only are they writing, but they’re speaking too! Give a round of applause to:
- Linore Rose Burkard: Will colead a Greater Harvest Workshops event for writers at Far Hills Community Church in Centerville, Ohio, on July 30.
- Lena Nelson Dooley (right): Spoke at the Tea and Tales Book Club in Holly Lake Ranch, Texas, on June 13 and will speak at the Yellow Rose RWA in Colleyville, Texas, on July 9.
- Shannon Taylor Vannatter: Is teaching her Let’s Write a Novel course at Arkansas State University June 28–July 28. She is also teaching Crafting Effective Dialogue and Crafting Gender-Appropriate Dialogue at the Ozark Romance Writers’ Conference in Springfield, Missouri, on July 23.
- Kathleen Y’Barbo: Spoke at the Oklahoma City chapter of ACFW June 25 on Ten Wrongs Don’t Make a Writer.
Send out a loud “Wahoo!” to:
- Tammy Barley: Launched a new blog called The Christian Cowgals.
- Susan Page Davis: In celebration of Arizona’s centennial year, Davis’s book Almost Arizona will appear in March 2012 as Heartsong Presents’ book #1,000. It’s part of a three-book set with Carla Olson Gade and Darlene Franklin titled Love in Four Corners. Each book features a different state and event in history of the Four Corners area and monument.
- Deanna K. Klingel: Her book Just for the Moment: The Remarkable Gift of the Therapy Dog, which recently received the Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval, has sold more than a thousand copies in seven months.