Member News: June
Exciting new releases from ACFW members due to hit bookstores soon include:
- Jill Nutter (pen name Jillian Kent): Secrets of the Heart, her debut novel and Book One of the Ravensmoore Chronicles, released from Realms Publishing on May 3.
Those racking up writing credits in magazines and anthologies this month include:
- Candy Arrington: Published “Helping Children Grieve” in the May issue of River Regions Journey and “Faith: A Lifeboat in the Storm” in the June 19 issue of Encounter.
- Kenneth Briggs: Published the short story, “The Little Things,” in the May issue of Christian Fiction Online Magazine.
- Lisa Buffaloe: Published an article on May 9 on Rest Ministries.
- Delores Liesner (right): Published “Have Some Christians Earned Intolerance?” and “Growing Intolerance for Christianity in the U.S.” in The Christian Post, “21st Century Grandma” in Prime Magazine, and “Resolution for Retirement” in a Chicken Soup for the Soul anthology to be released in October.
Check out this new interview featuring:
- Lisa Buffaloe: Will appear on the Alive in Christ radio program on June 7.
Throw some confetti and celebrate with these contest winners:
- Paul Baines: Finaled in two categories (Science Fiction and Religious) of the Indie Book Awards with his debut novel, Alpha Redemption.
- Deanna Klingel (right): Received the Seal of Approval from Catholic Writers’ Guild for her novel Just for the Moment: The Remarkable Gift of the Therapy Dog.
- Carla Stewart: Won the trophy award for the 2011 Best Fiction Book at the Oklahoma Writers Federation Inc. (OWFI) conference on May 7 with her debut novel Chasing Lilacs.
The list of published authors is growing! Congratulations to:
- Deanna Klingel: Sold Bread upon the Water to Rafki Press.
Not only are they writing, but they’re speaking too! Give a round of applause to:
- Trish Perry: Will teach the Fiction track at the 54th Annual St. David’s Christian Writers’ Conference at Grove City College in Grove City, Pennsylvania, on June 21–25.
Send out a loud “Wahoo!” to:
- Jeannie Campbell: Has a new website, The Character Therapist launching on June 1.