We're American Christian Fiction Writers - The Voice of Christian Fiction - a professional organization devoted to the craft of Christian Fiction.
Our mission is to promote Christian Fiction through developing the skills of its authors, educating them in the market, and serving as an advocate in the traditional publishing industry.
- More than 2500 members worldwide
- 26 Local Chapters in 18 states plus a Beyond-the-Borders e-chapter
- Annually presents the premier conference for Christian Fiction with most major CBA publishers and literary agencies represented and more than 700 in attendance
- Conducts two highly respected annual writer recognition awards programs - The Genesis Contest for the unpublished and The Carol Awards for the best in Christian Fiction published in the previous calendar year
ACFW Opens Conference Registration
Monday, April 29, 2013 1:02 PM
Books & Bibles: Writers Gather in Dallas
Friday, November 30, 2012 4:57 PM
ACFW members honored in RT Reviewers Choice Awards
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:53 PM
- Interview opportunities with ACFW leadership (CEO Colleen Coble, ACFW Executive Director Robin Miller or ACFW Executive Board members) - contact ACFW Professional Relations Liaison Cynthia Ruchti at email@example.com
- Author interviews with one of our published novelists, including some of the most recognized names in Christian Fiction - contact ACFW Professional Relations Liaison Cynthia Ruchti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quotes or facts about Christian Fiction for news stories and magazine articles - contact email@example.com
- Information about the ACFW conference - contact ACFW Conference Director Robin Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about the ACFW awards programs:
- Genesis Contest (unpublished) - contact Genesis Coordinator Pam Meyers at email@example.com
- The Carol Awards (published) - contact Carol Award Coordinator Mindy Obenhaus at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agent of the Year, Editor of the Year, Mentor of the Year - contact ACFW Conference Administrator Allison Wilson at email@example.com
- Connections to information about ACFW as an organization and its role in the Christian Fiction industry - contact ACFW Professional Relations Liaison Cynthia Ruchti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trusted in the Industry
"You can always count on ACFW to provide writers with excellent training, informed support, and quality education on what’s happening in the publishing industry."
Editor, writer, literary agent
"From the time I first encountered ACFW, I have been impressed with the high quality of professionalism and warm care and concern I have observed from anyone remotely associated with the organization. Outstanding services to members and retailers and a truly remarkable vision for Christian fiction make me hopeful for the future of inspirational novels and story."
Harvest House Publishers
"ACFW recognizes the power of cooperation and involving all stakeholders in the very broad creative process. From developing workshops that help Christian-store retailers engage customers on fiction to providing the valuable fictionfinder.com online tool to research and learn about authors and genres, ACFW empowers retailers to better serve readers who love a good story."
CBA Executive Director