ACFW Recognized Publishers
- Abingdon Press
- AMG-Living Ink Books
- Avon Inspired (HarperCollins)
- B & H Publishing
- Barbour Publishing
- Bethany House (Baker) Publishing
- Choose Now Publishing
- Cladach Publishing
- Crossriver Media Group
- David C. Cook
- Ellechor Publishing House, LLC
- Enclave Publishing
- Even Before Publishing (Wombat)
- Faith Words (Hachette)
- Guideposts Publications
- Harbourlight Books (Pelican)
- HarperCollins Christian Publishing (Thomas Nelson and Zondervan)
- Harpstring (Written World)
- Harvest House Publishers
- HopeSprings Books
- Howard (Simon & Schuster)
- Inspired (Prism Book Group)
- JourneyForth (part of BJU Press)
- Kregel Publications
- Lamp Post, Inc.
- Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
- Love Inspired (Harlequin)
- Marcher Lord Press
- Monarch Publishers (Lion Hudson)
- Next Step Books
- OakTara Publishers
- Realms (Charisma Media)
- Revell - A Division of Baker Publishing Group
- Risen Books
- River North (Moody Publishers)
- Shade Tree Publishing
- Splashdown Books
- Summerside Press (Guideposts)
- Sword of the Spirit Publishing
- Tyndale House
- Urban Christian
- Waterbrook/Multnomah (Random House)
- Whitaker House
- White Rose Publishing (Pelican)
- WhiteFire Publishing (WhiteFire-Publishing.com)
- Write Integrity Press
Criteria for ACFW Recognized Publishers
In order to be considered for ACFW's Recognized Publisher List, a publisher must meet the following criteria:
- The publisher publishes novels written from a Christian worldview in any Christian fiction genre (i.e. should not contain profanity, graphic sex, or other objectionable material, and must otherwise conform to generally accepted standards of the CBA, as determined by ACFW.)
- All of the publisher’s fiction is Christian, or the publisher has an imprint devoted entirely to Christian fiction (in which case only the imprint will be recognized).
- The author must not participate financially in the production or distribution of the book (including a requirement to buy books).
- The publisher must pay royalties.
- The publisher must have been in business at least one year, and have previously unpublished books of Christian fiction by at least two authors (other than the owners) in print over the past year. The publisher must submit proof of $5000 in gross sales for each of two books over a twelve-month period.
- The publisher's books must show evidence of professional editing and cover art, and the content must reflect biblical principles.
If a book was originally published by a Recognized Publisher, then goes out of print and is republished by the author or some other means, that book is eligible for listing on Fiction Finder.
Applicant must apply at least six weeks prior to the opening date of a contest or the month in which a New Release is announced by ACFW on FictionFinder.com to allow time for processing. To apply, a representative of the publisher should send an email to email@example.com requesting a form and further information about the application process.
Recertification: Publishers will be asked to complete a brief form each fall to assess their continued compliance with these criteria. A publisher must publish at least two new works of Christian fiction per calendar year to maintain Recognized Publisher status.
Publishers recognized on this page do not constitute an endorsement from ACFW.