Advertising in the ACFW Journal
The full-color ACFW Journal offers great exposure for your advertising dollar. The magazine is being distributed quarterly to more than 3000 Christian fiction authors, aspiring writers, editors, agents, publicists and readers.
Display-ad rates start for as little as $80, but offer attractive options up to a full page with multiple active links, audio/video, or flash animation - with all ads, regardless of location, appearing in full color. Do you have something to communicate to the Christian fiction publishing community? You won’t find better value for your advertising dollar than with the ACFW Journal.
Click here for a complete media kit.
What Are the Ad Prices?
Prices on display ads are for camera-ready, four-color ads (no design required - ready to place) only. ACFW Journal does not provide advertising design services, but we can make recommendations to reputable firms if you need design assistance.
*Upcharges for link(s), audio/video, or flash will be stacked. (Example: ad with active links and a video will be charged an extra $50 above the standard ad rate.)
Size of Ad Standard Deluxe ($25/each add-on)* Links, audio/video, flash Sixth-page ad $80 $105 Fourth-page ad $120 $145 Third-page ad $160 $185 Half-page ad $240 $265 Full-page ad $500 $525 Premium Ad - full page (Two available - one on IFC spread, and one on TOC spread) $550 $575 Inside front/inside back cover (Summer 2013 Sold Out) $600 $625 Back cover (Summer 2013 Sold Out) $700
30 words or less $25 Each additional word over 30 words $0.50/a word Add a box around your ad $10
How Do I Reserve and Place an Ad?
Reserve ads well in advance of the reservation deadlines to ensure you get the placement you desire. Reservation and payment deadlines are as follows:
To advertise in the: Reserve Ad Space by: Have materials in the ACFW Office by: Summer/July 2013 Journal May 8, 2013 May 15, 2013 Conference Booklet (handled separately) Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details Fall/October 2013 Journal August 7, 2013 August 14, 2013 Bonus Issue: Post-Conference Issue September 11, 2013 September 18, 2013 Winter/January 2014 Journal November 6, 2013 November 13, 2013
- Contact Suzanne Wesley to reserve your ad by the deadline(s) above at: email@example.com. Ads submitted without a prior reservation will not be accepted unless there is space in the magazine and the ad is submitted by the deadline (see above).
- Submit the ad by e-mail to Suzanne Wesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I prepare my ad to get the best results?
- ACFW Journal requires all files to be submitted as either PDF, JPG, or PNG files with all color converted to RGB, all photos as the resolution of 200 PPI at the size they are used, and all fonts embedded. We additionally require bleed for any full page, or cover ads designed to fill the ad space edge-to-edge. Please see dimensions listed below for more detailed information. Our new digital publishing format also allows us to include video, audio, and flash animation. For more information on file requirements for audio, video and flash files, please click here.
- We use Adobe InDesign for page production. Any files submitted from this program should be accompanied by all support graphics and all fonts used in the document.
- We accept graphics created in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. For vector graphics, we request that fonts be turned to outlines and graphics embedded. Raster images, such as photos, should be saved with minimum resolution of 200 PPI at the size they will be used. Spot colors or CMYK will be converted to RGB, color matching cannot be guaranteed and will vary per viewing device.
- Note: You must include your linking information - either embedded into your pdf file - or in a separate e-mail or Word document for us to add it to your ad during production. We will be sending our quarterly reports to advertisers regarding reader/interactivity metrics. (i.e. If you advertised in the April issue, you will receive a report in July. If you advertise in July, you will receive one in October... and so on.)
Ads should be created to the following specs (all dimensions are in width x height):
1/6 Page (vertical) 162 px x 351 px 1/6 Page (horizontal) 333 px x 171 px 1/3 Page (vertical) 162 px x 720 px 1/2 Page (horizontal) 567 px x 351 px 1/4 Page 270 px x 351 px Full Page (live text area)Full Page (trim size)Full Page (full bleed) 567 px x 738 px603 px x 774 px621 px x 792 px Inside Front Cover/Inside Back Cover/Back Cover (Follow specs for full-page ad with bleed)
The Fine Print
Make all checks payable to ACFW. Individuals and firms may purchase advertising in the ACFW Journal; however, all advertising is accepted at the discretion of ACFW. We reserve the right to determine if any ad is unsuitable to our audience.
Publication of advertising does not constitute an endorsement or the product, author, or publisher. Neither ACFW nor the ACFW Journal are liable for any advertised products or services. Any ads published in the ACFW Journal must reflect a Christian worldview with appropriate content that honors our Lord. ACFW’s liability to advertisers is limited to refunds of the advertising fees collected.